In a matter of three days I will be in South Africa. SOUTH AFRICA, PEOPLE! That is an 18 hour plane ride (and that's only because I'm here in Boston- from Dallas it would be much longer, I'm sure). We'll be connecting in London, but not long enough to see anything outside Heathrow. The trip is Aug 1-10.
This morning at church we stood in front of the congregation and received prayer for our journey. It was overwhelming to look out into the faces of so many people who love me and have lifted me up in this process. I feel humbled by the love shown to me in Boston.
Am I ready? Am I excited?
These are the most common questions I've heard in the last few weeks. Okay, so the second one is easier to answer... YES I am excited! It took me a while to get here, but I've finally started feeling the buzz of reality that I will be traveling to a country I have loved for many years. The first question, however, is a little more difficult to answer. I haven't packed a single item, so in that regard, no- I am not ready. I feel like I've failed miserably in preparing spiritually and mentally, too, so LORD HAVE MERCY! I've never done this before... another first without Mom to talk me through it. Not that she ever went to Africa, but even just the little paranoid motherly advice she would give. Thankfully, God did provide some of that from my friend Kelly's Mom a week ago. She send me a simple email about making copies of important papers and I ended up crying over it. I've so missed that sensible matter-of-fact voice in my life.
Well... here I am... two days until my flight (Wed. am). I've been to the travel clinic and got my typhoid, hep A and polio booster shots. I moved all of my things into a new apartment and unpacked about half of them. I bought 100% Deet for the safari on our last day in S.A. I borrowed a power converter/adapter for my hair dryer...
I guess I've done much of what I can to "prepare" physically. I feel the need to say again... LORD HAVE MERCY! ha
Okay, blog world. I'm off for 10 days to a country I have dreamed of seeing! If I'm lucky ... or rather if you are... I'll post a little something while I'm gone, but no promises. I will promise, however, that when I get back you'll get a full review and slideshow of the trip.
PRAY FOR ME!
peace to you.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Lettuce talk about it...