12.12.2007

Walkin' in a Winter Wonderland

My blog friend Megan has far surpassed me in the posting of great holiday photos, so I'm going to try to make up for it with this post. Here goes...
So many holiday parties have been going on I've hardly had time to think. That's actually nice, for a change. Last weekend was the big busy weekend and this one is turning out to be just as jammed.
Alright, and now for a picture timeline of the last couple weeks of Holiday fun...

#1 The first picture is my friend Amanda & myself on our way to the farm where we got our Christmas trees.



#2 This is the Atherton Christmas tree! Isn't it perfect?! Also pictured are my two personal lumberjacks - Mac & Tyler. We were allowed to cut down the tree ourselves, so you know these guys eagerly took ownership of the saws and headed into the field...



#3 The cute lumberjack who put the tree on a shaker thing and then wrapped it up for me. He did this for all the trees, but he did offer to pose for a picture for me. :)



#4 After we got our trees we got hot chocolate (at DD, of course!) and then headed back to town. Mac & Tyler didn't have any decorations for their tree, so Meghann (the new roomie!) and I took them to Christmas Tree Shops (which Tyler keeps calling Christmas Tree Farms). This is a hat Mac found that sang and spun around ... honestly, it made me sick to my stomach to look at. As Jake would say, it was sickin' me out. I think you can understand why...



#5 Traditional Snyder family cookie decorating at Atherton. Dec. 7, 2007. I had friends over for pizza and cookies... it was a blast and I think they all loved being exposed to the most Snyder-like tradition I can think of.

#5a These are the extra cookies for decorating. I think I must have made somewhere in the ballpark of 20 dozen cookies on Friday. The gingerbread men were a first and I must say they turned out perfect. It was fun making the cookies, but I was sore and tired at the end of it. I couldn't believe all the work my Mom did year after year to make us all these cookies... not to mention the dozens upon dozens of other varieties of cookies and candies she made.



#5b Here's the table set up just the way we do it every year. You can also see some of the holiday cheer around the apartment-- there's the awesome tree in the background. :)



#5c My friends painting cookies! Good messy fun. :)



#5d The cookie aftermath. Yep, looks just how it should...



#6 Saturday was a three party day, but I only went to two of them. :) The first was Nathanael's first birthday party! Here's one of me & Kristen with him and then one of the Polk Family.

.


#7 Last party of the day was at the Windsor house occupied by Amanda, Sara & Caroline. It was a great party with food and drinks on every surface! Elizabeth & I went together and she let me paint her face before we left... yipee!


Well that about wraps up the first two weekends of the holiday season. This weekend and my long week at home in Dallas will provide many more fun shots, so I'll share them when I can.
I hope you're all finding a way to celebrate this time of year and remember those who can't be here this year to celebrate right alongside you.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Biz!!! It looks like you had a wonderful weekend!! The cookies looked so yummy...and can I just say that you look great!!!

megan said...

thanks for the blogland kudos. ;) this was a fun post! Fun for me to see a picture of YOU, to see your friends and where you live. Thanks for sharing! And looks like you are having a great Christmastime. wishing you wonderful times and even more wonderful memories.

Becca said...

My gosh I can't believe Nate is already one year old! I have a feeling his birthdays are going to continue to make me feel old.

Post a Comment

Lettuce talk about it...