4.26.2008

Allergies... grrr

Who knew I had allergies? I sure as hec didn't! After feeling like I've got a head cold coming on for the last two weeks I finally wised up and took something for allergies... well, what do you know it helped.

We had an unusually warm week here in Boston - it even reached into the 80s one day! New Englanders were in a great mood and who could resist with all that sunshine? It has made it more difficult to be productive. See, there are very few weeks of beautiful warm weather in Boston and typically they are spent outside as much as possible, so when we get a random week in Spring when it should still be a little chilly we all struggle to stay on point at work. Well, I say "we" meaning "me."

Last Sunday I told some friends that I felt like my life wasn't all that bad - like it actually was pretty darn good and the only factor that had changed was the sun was out that week. The emotional impact of the sun is incredible.

Now that the sun has made an appearance (I'm hoping it sticks around, but heard yesterday it has snowed here in May before... what the hell?!) I have been thinking more about what I'm doing with my free time. In the winter months it is completely acceptable to sit in front of the tv with your laptop every evening, but you can't really maintain that once the weather is nice. I've proposed that we cut back our cable package as it costs a fortune and I need to not be watching as much tv. Why do I love tv? I'm sure I could spend an entire therapy session on that, but I won't.

Alright, this is a random post. I have three going away parties in the next three days and I think I'm stalling from preparing for the one today... Kristen, Matthew and Nathanael. They leave on Thursday (gasp!) and I think the sadness is finally setting in for me. There will be a more reflective blog about them later this week... for now I need to go make 10 pounds of potato salad.

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lettuce talk about it...