Short Sleeved Sweaters
These are great for fall days with a little jacket or in the winter you can layer them with a long sleeved t-shirt or button up business shirt. (note- this sweater wouldn't work with a shirt that has a collar)
Printed Carry-All
If you're a working girl you must have a fun tote to carry your book, iPod, lunch, water bottle and makeup bag! Try a fun print on the bag. You can wear anything with it and you'll catch lots of glances from all those folks with bags that are black or brown.
The Ankle Boot
Don't be afraid. I know what you're thinking. I have to admit it is a little scary to embrace these babies again, but trust me - they're waaay better than they were the first time around! You can wear them with slacks or short skirts! If you match with opaque tights you'll feel oh so chic!
High-Waisted SkirtsI love this trend. It is sophisticated and expensive looking. You can go with all solids or try a print on the top or bottom. The sky's the limit! You could do a fitted t-shirt with a sweater or jacket ... or try this look with a button down shirt.
The Perfect JacketBig buttons are all the craze. The bigger or more intricate the better! This jacket is adorable and the color is fantastic for fall. Go ahead, try a jacket this year that has some design like your favorite top. No need to cover up your adorable outfit with a black boxy peacoat.
Scarves!In a hurry? Need to look polished? Throw on your favorite T and try draping a scarf like this! Nobody will even notice the baby food on your T - they'll be too busy wishing they had thought of wearing a scarf in such a classy way.
Alright... you've got your fall fashion tips! Now get out there and take some risks! Fashion should be fun. :)


4 comments:
let it be noted I am not kidding in this comment.
Don't you just love how Liz is bold enough to tell us what to wear? I mean, there are so few areas in my own life I have the confidence to actually tell other people what to do, even encourage them in a direction. But Liz? No fear. Total confidence. Love it. And even nice enough to make sure we know not to put a button up under a cowl neck.
And I want to say the legendary 'many shades of green' outfit worn to the social at Haggard may very well have been paired with some ankle boots back in the day. Of course, it's hard to imagine you being able to bust out that rad hop, hop, hop, running man move in the cafeteria in those, but if anyone could do it....
Love the short sleeve sweater, jacket and scarves! 3 things I need to purchase as soon as possible!! You can definitely give out the advice-with confidence! I've missed my shopping buddy!
I don't know if I can own the leggings.. I just wore those in high school.. at least it feels like I just did. Yes, I know it was like 20 years ago. Am I too old for trends?
you're never too old for trends across the board... just SOME trends. like maybe for the mini skirt and hair down to your butt that's flat ironed everyday... although those are trends i wish nobody followed.
Post a Comment
Lettuce talk about it...