The babies were beyond adorable on the trip. They hardly fussed and while they desperately wanted to nap it was difficult in such cramped space. We watched some videos, Liney played with my iPod and pretended it was a phone, read "Elmo Loves You" about 55 times, ate trail mix, chewed on my lipgloss tubes, told stories and waved at all the people sitting around us. All in all, we really did have a nice time - or at least I did. :)
Surprising Jake was awesome. Sarah and I went to get him from school and as he walked around the corner he looked at her, then me, then her, then me - all of the sudden he realized what was going on and he ran to me and gave me the BEST hug ever! He said this morning Grandma told him "I just know this is going to be a great day!" and he said all day he kept thinking about that comment and thinking, "So far, this is still just a regular 'ole day." Then he saw me and said it became the greatest day! He was giddy and so was I.
I can't express how amazing this kid is to you guys. We went to have dinner at Mi Cocina (best chicken nachos) and he said, "Mom, do you want to go ahead and tell her?" Sarah didn't know what he was talking about, but after a LOT of prodding and mouthing to her they figured it out and Sarah said, "Ooh, you mean about Angela?" I played it cool, but inside was freaking out that I've finally been granted permission into this part of his world. Angela. his crush. I asked how long this has been going on and he said, "oh, since third grade." :) Sounds like Angela likes him now, too, so he's been asking Papa all about how to talk to girls because he gets so nervous.
After dinner we hung out and Leslie came over. She is one of my favorite parts of Dallas. Around 8:30p Jake came out and asked if his clock was right. 10 minutes later Sarah checked on him to find he'd put on his pj's and gotten in bed. She said some nights when she has friends over he comes out at 8:30 and says, "Hey, its my bedtime, so goodnight." WHA?! I would have NEVER voluntarily gotten ready for bed - I would have been playing until 10:30pm when my Mom realized she hadn't told me to get changed.
When I went to bed I tried to find a place to plug in my cell phone and in an incredibly stupid move tried to shift the entire top mattress over with my right knee. The kneecap popped in and out of place (ouch!) and knocked the breath out of me. I've never done anything like that before, but as soon as it happened I cussed. I couldn't believe I would try to move a full mattress with a kid on it with my knee! Its fine today - no aches or bruises.
So, there it is. One big full day of activity. Today should be more low key, but I'll write again soon. Pictures coming, too!!
1 comment:
you should've seen his face while he was hugging you- that was the best part! It was like he was home.. sweetest ever.
Post a Comment
Lettuce talk about it...