...maybe if you're on a trip, but in the case of waiting for employment news I'm not so sure silence is golden.
I got an email from SWSG this morning saying they were taking longer than expected and would be in touch by Friday about final interviews. So, I guess I'm not technically out of the running to become Boston's Next Top Non-Profit Executive, but I'm not sure the chances are higher that I'll make this cut.
I have an interview next Friday with a company in Bedford, MA. It was through this staffing firm and is a permanent management job, so it would pay well and be fairly mindless, I think. It would start at the beginning of January, so the timing is good. We'll see. We'll see.
Today I babysat at church (Thank you, Meda). I'm also still working on some consulting projects for a couple people, so that's a little income, too. Things are getting tight, but I believe something will come together by January. I'm not thinking about if it doesn't.
I was thinking I'd start tomorrow at the Salvation Army, but I never heard back from the contact person. hmmm I called twice today, but she was on the phone and doesn't have voicemail. Tricky stuff. Anyway, hopefully that will get cleared up and I'll have something to do with myself for 30 hours a week until I leave for Christmas.
UPDATE (4:06pm): I start tomorrow, 11am! Hooray for work!
Speaking of leaving for Christmas ... 17 days! Can't wait!
So, that's the update. It isn't much of one, but there it is. Man, I need something interesting to write about... like perhaps a job... new coworkers, new commute, new desk... can't you just see the amazing blog posts now?! Well, maybe I'm being generous with the use of 'amazing' but it would be far more interesting than this crap, no?
1 comment:
You've definitley made the unemployment journey way more interesting that I could have! I think the trick is that you ARE a more interesting person. :0) ONLY 17 days, that's like basically 2 weeks! YIPPEE!
Post a Comment
Lettuce talk about it...