Here it is, folks! My new series, the Summertime Gazette!
My first year in Boston (2006) was a rollercoaster, but the summer - oh the summer - it was incredible. God blessed me with awesome friends and the joy of living in a city full of excitement! While I'm fairly certain no summer will live up to those glory days, I am looking forward to summertime this year. I'm going to share my summertime adventures with you through this gazette. To start us off, I'll list a few things I'm especially excited for this summer.
1. The beach. I loooove the beach. I could sit near water for days and not get bored. Last year I tried to go to the beach as often as possible, but it still wasn't enough. My goal this year is at least 6 beach days. A beach day = 5+ hours, packed food, book, friends, iPod, and sunblock.
2. Nashville! In three weeks I'll head to Nashville for my friend, Sarah's, wedding! Leslie will be there, too, and some other old friends I haven't seen in ages. I can't wait to share this special weekend with Sarah & Leslie!
3. My Gigi!!!!! People, I haven't seen Gretchen in over a year. A YEAR! Isn't that insane?! It shouldn't be legal, that's what I say. So, I'm headed to Orlando for July 4th and this might be what I'm most excited about this summer. I. Can't. Wait. seriously.
4. Cookouts. I love grilled burger & hotdogs, but mostly I love chilling with friends around a grill.
5. The Pacific Northwest. In August I'll be gone for two weeks to the other coast. First my Dad, Jake, and brother Adam will meet me in Portland so we can drive up to see my other brother, Jason, in Seattle and spend a day or two driving up to Vancouver. The trip will end in Portland where I'll have a week-long staff retreat for work which means the plane ticket is free for me! Woohoo!
Now, if these five things don't guarantee a fantabulous summer, I don't know what would! Buckle up, because you're coming with me!
2 comments:
Love the post and can't wait to read about your summer adventures!
does this mean we can only count on five blog entries this summer? if so, I am bummed. Remember, you can blog about a funny thing that happened at work, and I'll enjoy it.
Post a Comment
Lettuce talk about it...