I would like to notify you of some seemingly unreported roadway trouble areas in Somerville. Prospect Street past Inman Square and feeding through Union Square has severely damaged pavement. The past month there have been police officers flagging traffic for construction once you get onto the Cambridge side of Prospect Street. I guess I'm wondering if you plan to be outdone by the Cambridge Transportation & Infrastructure Department?
While I like the pull over lane being added on some parts of Somerville Avenue, I'm confused by why the entire street had to be repaved to accomplish it. Now that the road is smooth and new I'm wondering how long police and construction crews will be sipping Dunkin' Donuts and texting each other along this major thoroughfare?
Now, about this quote on your website,
"Transportation and Infrastructure Division also seeks to increase vehicular flow and traffic efficiency. In regards to roadways, the division evaluates current situations, conducts studies, and provides recommendations for policy development to prepare for growth before it happens."
Could you tell me more about your plan to make this statement true? Is there an ETA for this vision? How do you evaluate current situations? What projects are underway to increase vehicular flow and traffic efficiency? The way I see it, driving three miles to the Mass Pike should take about five minutes, but it seems to take 20-25 minutes, depending on the weather and how many cops are stationed along the streets for construction.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that I love living in this city, but seriously could you put a little more funding into long-term solutions for the roads? If the roads don't improve, you should provide some kind of annual refund toward car repairs.
Sincerely,
Fed Up in a Bug
No comments:
Post a Comment
Lettuce talk about it...