On Thursday night I went to my community group, as usual, but was shocked to find out one family had sold their house and another had a broken windshield from a huge block of ice falling off the roof. How could I not know these things?! ...a break from Facebook, that's how. I'm shocked how out of the loop I feel being away from Facebook, but I must admit it has been nice not feeling urgency over checking it throughout the day. I'll also admit that I did log on this weekend to scope things out, but refrained from interacting and limited the session to about 5 minutes. Honestly, maybe that's a good reintegration plan - limit the time per day I can be on there because honestly how much time do I really need to check the pages of a few VIPs?
I'm also realizing that there are bits of information being shared on Facebook that I'm legitimately missing out on and that makes me kinda sad. I think this break is good for clearing my head, but also for realizing that I do feel more connected to my family and closest friends by these small interactions throughout the week.
Alright, enough of that... since I'm not on FB you all may be out of the loop about me, too! I'm headed to Austin on Wednesday evening for work and I CAN'T WAIT to get there!!! I'll be touring office space Thur-Fri, in addition to doing some work remotely. The finish line, though, is Friday afternoon when I pick up a rental car and drive an hour and a half to see my very best friend and her two adorable munchkins! I'm so stinkin' excited to get less than 24 hours with her family!!!
Whenever life is tough I always look for ways to escape. Doing all this work for the Austin office launch has provided plenty of material for daydreaming, but there are no real plans to move back to Texas... at this point.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Lettuce talk about it...