3.13.2011

Sundays.

I'm not going to lie - Sundays have been tough lately. Today I spent time with friends all day to avoid the plummet into sorrow (I had dinner plans and didn't want to mess up my makeup, afterall).

For Lent I've given up trying to control my life and my future. I'm taking it one day at a time - trying to make diligent choices to strengthen my heart and mind in relationship with my Savior. It is harder than anything I've ever fasted from, but each day a itty-bitty sprig of hope, joy and peace sprouts up. Often on Sundays I allow my fear and hopelessness - my unwillingness to surrender and just rest in the perfect ways of an abundantly faithful Father to overwhelm me and trample those little buds of new life.

Praying that the Lord would forgive me for my unbelief and help me to cling to the Truth that he is able and willing to do abundantly more than all I could ask or imagine.

"13 I remain confident of this:
   I will see the goodness of the LORD
   in the land of the living.
14 Wait for the LORD;
   be strong and take heart
   and wait for the LORD." -Psalm 27:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lettuce talk about it...