4.02.2011

Inhale

Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ. - C.S. Lewis



This winter goes down on record as heavy and tumultuous. I can hardly believe how many days have gone by that I've felt pangs of sorrow and melancholy - it often seemed never-ending. It has been 168 days since T and I broke up - that's a really long time and yet it can feel like a minute ago. 

I've struggled over these several months to understand what God is doing - how He is loving me in this hour - where He is taking me. As Spring forces its way into New England, I'm thankful that no matter how low the valley, dark the hour or deep the pain has seemed, I have had a perfect companion on the journey. My life is not my own, and instead of feeling frustrated that I can't control it - today I'm feeling relieved that if it isn't my own, I don't have to sit until I figure out what's next. I'm free to put one foot in front of the other because my Savior is directing each step. 

Here's to new life, the changing of seasons and the hope of healing - in part now, and one day in whole.

3 comments:

Heather said...

beautiful, sweet friend! I read the phrase this morning, "Christ in you, the hope of glory." May this season of new life be sweet to your soul. (Will I see you this weekend?!)

Biz said...

YES! I will be there this weekend and can't wait to hear what God has prepared in your heart to share with us. :)

Kit said...

Biz! I do love you.
This is really beautiful. I feel hope in you...and like Heather said, Christ in YOU, the hope of glory!
Amen.

Post a Comment

Lettuce talk about it...