11.11.2012

woah.

I need to document all the incredible gifts from today, so I can refer back when I'm in the pit of despair in this new city.

The flight out of Boston was PAINFUL and full of tears. When I arrived in Houston I stood at the baggage claim willing myself not to sob like a baby while I waited for my 3 suitcases. Yes, 3. Yes, people stared and some even asked why I had so much luggage. As I left the airport, though, something miraculous happened -- I began to get excited about this new city and adventure.

I met my new landlords at my little bungalow and oh my word are they wonderful! The wife was so so sweet it made me cry. She brought over beer, water and diet coke to put in the fridge and even had little things for me like a tiny notebook, pen and some scotch tape and batteries (little random things you might need and not have on hand). She told me she'd really like to get to know me, too. She has two sons who are married and she loves her daughter in laws, but they're not nearby and she loves girl time. Ha! It felt so good to have an older woman want to dote on me, I cried. I told her that my Mom died six years ago and I'd happily accept any mothering she's interested in dolling out. Jesus is so tender and kind, isn't he?

As if that wasn't enough! My new and first friends in Houston are Lisa & Clint and they are awesome! Lisa actually put up a Welcome Home sign on my front porch! I am staying with them a few days while I get settled and wait for my stuff to arrive. Their guest room is set up like a hotel with a welcome note, personal local favorites list, a coffee bar & a snack basket! She hasn't stopped telling me how happy they are to have me and that Houston is a better place now with me in it. My heart could burst. Oh AND they have the sweetest, most smiley 7 month old baby boy, Justice, who was thrilled to let me tote him around.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Praise God!!

RDT said...

I'm so happy you've been taken in and are being cared for! Lots of love and prayer coming at you from NE.

Post a Comment

Lettuce talk about it...