When you lose someone there is this constant fear that each hour, day, week, month will slowly erode the memories until one day you find yourself unable to even shed a single tear. It is true that over time the edges soften from the grief dagger in my soul, but it does not remove it. The sorrow gets quieter, but it never leaves me. I'm so thankful for it.
Truth is, the sorrow can't disappear so long as I am still walking through new seasons of life without her. There is nothing that heals loss entirely, which is why I cling to the hope of someday when this world passes away and my Savior returns to wipe away every tear and dress us in a new body that is unbroken. I long for the day when Jesus comes to reverse the table entirely on death, separation, and sorrow. What a glorious day it will be!
Until then, I remember my Mom and thank God for the 26 years I had with her and all the ways I see her in me and my siblings.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Lettuce talk about it...