Life here in Boston has been just chugging along. I got word last week that my days here at SSgA (my current temp assignment) are numbered. Well, honestly, they always were numbered, but now I'm aware what that end number happens to be. I told them I was leaving in the fall for graduate school (to work part time) and since they were already looking they went ahead and hired two permanent people. Next week I will be training them, so pray for me! ha
So, now that I sit here with my soon-to-be unemployed status I must ask myself what in the world I'll do with my summer. I was certain I would never have another summer break, but looks like the Lord has smiled upon me at least one last time! :)
Friday night Jake & Sarah arrive for a FULL weekend of FUN! Jake told her that he can't wait to come to Boston because he is "going to learn SO much!" hahaha. No pressure on the tour guide or anything!
I've done some research and found a list of options. The most appealing of which is the Duck Tour where you ride around the city with a real tour guide in a large truck that also drives into the river and turns into a boat tour! We're also going to try to make it up to Rockport, Mass to the beach- can't wait!
Later in June I'll be going for a long weekend to NYC to see Kristen & Matthew. They are living there this summer while Matthew works in a summer program through NYU. I've never been to the big city, so this will most likely be a major highlight of the break!
When the end of June rolls around I'll be getting ready to introduce my best friend, Leslie, to Boston as she'll be here for the 4th of July weekend! I don't think her history appetite will be quite like Jake's so this may be a relaxing girly weekend. :) We're going to have an amazing time!
July 22 I will be flying home for an entire week! My younger sister, Rebecca, is getting married July 29!!!!!!! Are you kidding?! Becca- getting married!?? It is true! :) We love Eric so much and can't wait for him to be an official part of the family! (he's already a part of the family, really. :))
While I'm home I'm going to do lots of nothing! ha! I can't wait! It will be so wonderful to just come home and RELAX!
When I get back to Boston from Dallas I will still have SEVEN weeks of summer left! My classes begin September 11. Woah.
What to do with all that time???
1 comment:
i absolutely miss you.
tell the little one i said hello. he is just adorable. teach him lots of fun stuff in our favorite city! MWAH
Post a Comment
Lettuce talk about it...