12.31.2006

Goodbye '06

"Great is thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me

Morning by morning I wake up to find
The power and comfort of God’s hand in mine
Season by season I watch Him, amazed
In awe of the mystery of His perfect ways
All I have need of, His hand will provide
He’s always been faithful to me.

I can’t remember a trial or a pain
He did not recycle to bring me gain
I can’t remember one single regret
In serving God only, and trusting His hand
All I have need of, His hand will provide
He’s always been faithful to me.

This is my anthem, this is my song
The theme of the stories I’ve heard for so long
God has been faithful, He will be again
His loving compassion, it knows no end
All I have need of, His hand will provide
He’s always been faithful, He’s always been faithful
He’s always been faithful to me."

-lyrics by Sara Groves

------------------------------------------------------------------------
The final entry of 2006.

What a year it has been. I don't know that the craziness will end at midnight for me, but I do pray that 2007 is filled with more hope and glory for God.

Often we find ourselves in a valley and the only thought that comes to mind is "why?" -- this year I have sat alone and with others in the midst of my grief and constantly been reminded that the 'why' is far reaching and beyond my human comprehension. The question I should be asking is 'how' -- how do I allow God in and give Him control to walk me through these times?

By His grace and abundant mercy I have put one foot in front of the other all year. As I wait for my ride to a New Year's Eve party I can't help but be in awe of all the turns and curves this year. The Lord has been truly faithful and forever I will remember 2006 as the year of God's favor.

His favor is seen in the ways he has provided and taken care of me and the ones I love the most, but certainly we can all see his favor in taking Mom home to be with him. His mercy in ending the earthly battle against cancer and breathing new life into her broken body can be nothing else but favor.

Today I am praising God and giving him thanks for being such a perfect and compassionate provider. I'm thanking him for the eternal healing my Mom has experienced in being released from the fallen world. I'm thanking him for all the people in my life who have prayed with and for me throughout the valley. I'm thanking God for the clarity and ability to serve others in the midst of sorrow.

As these lyrics so perfectly put it...
He's always been faithful to me.

God bless you guys and a very glorious New Year to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lettuce talk about it...