So here's the deal- I love Valentine's. Not necessarily the whole "tell the person you're supposed to tell all the time that you love them day" but just about everything else. I love the candy, the colors, the decorations... all of it. Here's the problem- I haven't celebrated V-Day with a boyfriend in about 6 years. Isn't that sad? Well, maybe not sad, but just a bummer of sorts.
Now, I'm not saying I'd like to just date anyone so I can celebrate Valentine's, but I do think it's a fun holiday. There are so many people here in New England who could care less about the day. I am not one of them. While it isn't ranked up near Christmas and Easter- by any means- I do like it.
While talking about holidays I will say that Easter has the BEST holiday candy. Hands down. Cadbury Eggs, Reeses Eggs, those little Robin Egg maltballs.... all of it SO yummy! Believe it or not I have already had a Cadbury Egg this year. Crazy how early they get this stuff out.
Why do we love holidays? Do they just simply break up the monotony of life or do we actually consider what their original intent were and celebrate accordingly? For me I think it's a little of both. I'm so totally and completely American.
I think I might head over to CVS today and get another Cadbury Egg... now that I mention it that sounds mighty good!
1 comment:
Hey there! I just was perusing some ctker's blogs and look what I found! Now we can be blog buddies.
Post a Comment
Lettuce talk about it...