Day after day I find myself feeling more complacent. Where is this coming from? How do I stop it? I've been asking myself these questions for weeks now.
The Gospel message speaks of an immeasurable love and devotion that covers all the ugliness within me. Lately it feels difficult to live my life in light of this Truth. While my faith & belief in Christ is not wavering the depth and power of that faith seems to be at low tide. Simply put, I need more faith.
I need the faith to believe the Gospel is powerful enough to bring me out of grief. I need the faith to believe the Gospel- God -is powerful enough to work ALL things to my good as He promises. I need more faith to believe.
What does it look like to live full of faith? I'm not sure anyone has ever told me... maybe I've just not listened for God to reveal it.
This morning Pastor Rick Downs preached on how to pray from the book of Colossians. He said we're to seek knowledge and wisdom about God's will and pray that we would bear fruit as a result of gaining knowledge and wisdom. I guess that's where I need to start...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Lettuce talk about it...