
Alright, I've got to write these out so I don't forget all the insane things that come out of my amazing 8-year-old nephew's mouth.
While I was getting ready Saturday morning he stood on a step stool next to me and said to himself in the mirror, "Oh yeah... oh yeah.. you still got it... you still got it. You might be old, but you still got it."
Today I showed him a picture of himself and he said, "Why is it black & white? What, was I born in like the 1970s?!"
After picking out two different shirts for him to wear I found one that wasn't "itchy" and then he said, "This one doesn't really have a sense of style." (while laughing, of course)
He's been singing and dancing non-stop since I got here. This is his "I'm happy" behavior. He also has randomly been telling me he loves me. It is completely unsolicited and the sweetest thing I've ever heard! He's been sleeping on the floor of his bedroom because he wants to be in there with me and only has a twin bed. Last night he asked me to hold his hand until he could fall asleep... which he did within minutes. :)
While I was getting ready Saturday morning he stood on a step stool next to me and said to himself in the mirror, "Oh yeah... oh yeah.. you still got it... you still got it. You might be old, but you still got it."
Today I showed him a picture of himself and he said, "Why is it black & white? What, was I born in like the 1970s?!"
After picking out two different shirts for him to wear I found one that wasn't "itchy" and then he said, "This one doesn't really have a sense of style." (while laughing, of course)
He's been singing and dancing non-stop since I got here. This is his "I'm happy" behavior. He also has randomly been telling me he loves me. It is completely unsolicited and the sweetest thing I've ever heard! He's been sleeping on the floor of his bedroom because he wants to be in there with me and only has a twin bed. Last night he asked me to hold his hand until he could fall asleep... which he did within minutes. :)
.
Jake: Why did you move away?
Me: Because it was time for me to go.
Jake: I hope you find a man in Texas and move back here forever.
Me: (laughing)
Jake: Yes, maybe next time you're here you'll find the man of your dreams, get married and live in Texas for the rest of your life! Hooray!!!
.
"You're such a good cook. All that stuff you made yesterday (I cooked Christmas breakfast) it all looked so good... well, I didn't eat any of it, but everyone else really liked it!"
We are currently arguing over him keeping his socks on since it is chilly today. He just told me, "If you let me have my socks off maybe I won't look like this the rest of the day." Meaning he's got a grumpy look on his face.
"I know someone who gets double the presents on Christmas... and I think you know him... his name's Jesus." (I have NO idea what this means, but one of his friends taught him this "joke" hahaha)
He got all kinds of cool stuff for Christmas. He had been told Santa wasn't real and then decided to believe anyway, so I was on a mission to break him down. haha We kept having conversations about how he doesn't believe his Mom that Santa isn't real, so I said I didn't believe him that he thinks Santa is real. Then I told him I had Santa's number in my phone, so I dialed his Mom's cell (she was sitting next to him) and he freaked and hung up when she said hello - he didn't hear her say it next to him. He looked at me and said, "Some woman answered the phone!" So we called back and he realized it was his Mom's number. He said, "I know what you did- you dialed Sarah's number, not Santa's." Then on Christmas morning he asked me if it was hard getting all the presents out (knowing I'm the one who does it) and I said, "What are you talking about? Santa came. I was in bed." Then he said, "Alright, Biz, stop messing with my brain." hahahaha I love this kid.
As he looked at his pile of presents before they were open he became really worried about one in particular being there. His playstation broke about 4 months ago, so my sister got him a new one. He got up yesterday, came out and stared at the gifts all excited, and then looked completely stressed out. He looked at me and said, "I don't think there's a playstation under there. None of those boxes look right. Oh no... what if I didn't get one??" He was legitimately worried he hadn't gotten one. Well, he did, of course.
There are more things I can't remember and I'm sure more will come, so I will write again later. I hope you all enjoyed time with family this Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Lettuce talk about it...