Alright, so as January ends today I've noticed I haven't written much this month. I now officially have a new laptop and with that comes the joy of using it (read: will be blogging more!).
I left Monday morning at 5am for Washington DC and returned this evening. For the last four days I've been inundated with information about abstinence education, grants management and the political process. It was interesting, fun, helpful and exhausting! As I told my boss, my brain is mush... but not so far gone that I can't write. Actually, I think I write better when I'm in a fragile mental state. ha
I had zero time for any site-seeing in DC, so I still need an official vacation there someday.
In the last two weeks God has been revealing some heavy stuff to me. Without going into too much detail I feel like for the first time in my life I'm actually open and vulnerable to God. It's hard to explain, but I've lived so long with a mask that I present to the world. It will be difficult to take it off and keep it off... and believe that I don't need it ... but I'm ready to try anyway. I hope I can share some of it with you all as I go along, but I want to be intentional about what I share. For starters I'll say that I've started reading "Abba's Child" by Brennen Manning and it is leaving me completely broken open. If you've ever struggled with being a people-pleaser and saying no this book might speak to you. :)
In other news - my Dad is coming to Boston for Easter weekend! Now, I know he reads this blog, so I want to give a shout out and say that I'm really excited he's coming. I have been watching all my friends here have parents visit them and see their lives and I just felt sad that mine hadn't. So, I told my Dad I wanted him to come and he's coming! Yay Dad!
Oh! I have a new favorite pop culture blog: Go Fug Yourself
Has anyone heard of Skybus??? Not that they go anywhere I want to go, but woah $25 roundtrip - that's insane!
The "I Heart Atherton" party is a week from Saturday! If you're not on the evite, we're so sorry! Email me so I can add you stat! For those who haven't rsvped - hello, get on it! This is The party of the month.
Well, that's it for now, folks. Tomorrow is a non-work day since my brain is still recovering from all the talking, processing, debriefing, planning and schmoozing I've been doing in the last four days. What shall I do with a three-day weekend???
No comments:
Post a Comment
Lettuce talk about it...