1.14.2008

"This is why I'm hot...

I'm hot 'cause I'm fly... you ain't 'cause you not." -MIMS

Yes, lads and ladies, those are the stellar lyrics to a song that just played on Meghann's itunes party mix. I must say that the author's boldness to exclaim his hotness without apology is inspiring. Now, I'm not sure about his right to say you ain't cause you not, but being hot because you're fly just really hits it on the head for me... anyone else moved by these lyrics?

"do i attract you?
do i repulse you with my queasy smile?
am i too dirty?
am i too flirty?
do i like what you like? i could be wholesome
i could be loathsome
i guess im a little bit shy
why dont you like me?
why dont you like me?
without making me try?" -mika

I mean, people - can you appreciate the depth of these lyrics? Mika has really grabbed something here. Who doesn't have a quesy smile at times? Who? Show me the man/woman/child who can honestly say they've never internally asked "why dont you like me?"

And last but certainly not least in the list of inspiring lyrics, Soulja Boy's "Crank That (Soulja Boy)" interpreted by Jake Thomas followed by the actual lyrics below.




"Soulja boy off in this hoe
watch me crank it, watch me roll
watch me crank dat* soulja boy,
then superman dat* hoe,
now watch me youuuuu (crank that soulja boy)"
(*There is some differing opinions on if they are in fact saying "dat" or "that.")

2 comments:

Kristen said...

the only thing, and I mean the ONLY THING i understand about this entry is jake's dancing.

megan said...

this makes me laugh! and feel old. but mostly laugh. :)

Post a Comment

Lettuce talk about it...