5.26.2008

A Color Experiment

I have issues with the sun. Yes, I know that seems weird, but let me explain...




As a teen I spent my summers outside in the sun... in Texas! Now I know there's a big difference in the power of the sun in Texas and the power in Boston. A few years ago I went to have my moles checked - mostly because my sister was working for a top dermatologist who specialized in melanoma. Melanoma is scary stuff! There's no cure or even treatment that responds to it - and you can, for the most part, prevent it. I have six pre-cancerous moles removed, including one on my part in my hair. Most of our moles come from sun damage and often times they'll continue to change (which is only bad) when we exposed to the sun. Since these surgeries I've been big on sunblock. The higher the SPF, the better! This year Neutrogena introduced SPF 85 - woohoo!



Now, since I'm out of the sun tan race officially I've realized that my legs are so white they almost glow in the dark. I've mostly embraced my pasty complexion - er, I mean milky complexion, but recently decided I might try one of these self-tan lotions a co-worker gave me. (how nice of her, huh? :))




So, a few minutes ago I exfoliated, per the directions and then applied the Clinique Self Sun to my legs. It can take an hour for color to show and up to 24 hours for the full effect, so I'll post an "after" shot tomorrow. Its been about 10 minutes and they look the same, so who knows what will happen. The curious thing about this product is it has an SPF 15 in it- huh?





I have friends who are pros with this stuff, so chime in if you have a favorite product! If you live in Boston and my legs look a little orange to you, please protect my pride and don't make fun. :)

3 comments:

ej said...

Your legs look hot, even without the tan. But I am a Northerner...

Leslie said...

I agree, you Snyder's have the most defined legs! ;) Can't wait for the update on the second coat!

The Sherrill Family said...

I hear you! My legs are super white too. I tried the tanner stuff --- and it works. But you need to maintain it. That I didn't do. All I can say, is make sure to wash your hands really well when you put it on. I thought I had, but didn't and I had orange between my fingers for 2 days. (Oh - it seems to build color around feet, ankles, and knees wierd).
BUT YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL BOTH WITH AND WITHOUT A TAN... :o)

Post a Comment

Lettuce talk about it...