5. Food. This week has involved some serious eating! Day 8 was no exception. We started out with a trip to the donut shop on the corner - these are the best donuts! Then, Sonic Happy Hour from 2-4pm for half price drinks, so a Cherry Limeade was had! Finally, the day ended with dinner at Dad's and a lovely strawberry shortcake. yummm
4. Shopping: A little shopping was accomplished, but not much. Jake got some new sneakers and I got a cute pair of flats. Real exciting, huh?
3. Putt-Putt: For you New Englanders, that's miniature golf. Jake and I went to play and boy was it hot outside! I'm ready to come back to Boston and not be sweaty everyday.

2. My Mom: Being in Plano/Dallas makes me homesick for my Mom. My sister lives in a new part of town, so I don't see much of our old stomping grounds when I'm here. Last night we drove through our old neighborhood and checked out Mom's old house. Renters are living there now and unlike "renters" in Boston that's not really a good thing here. It was sad. All the streets here, the malls, the Wal-Marts, the places to eat good food... they all remind me of her. As Jake and I fell asleep last night he chatted on and on about her and how much she loved to read to him - sometimes two chapter books in one night. He said, "She pretty much loved all things sci-fi, being crafty, and well me of course!" I miss her... and that feels kinda good when I'm here.
1. Late Flights: All I kept thinking on Friday was how glad I was that I booked at 5pm flight on Saturday, so I have most of the day with my family. This is the hardest trip I've made to Texas. I have felt more torn and confused about what I'm doing living in Boston than ever before. I know part is that the Polks left, but I just keep asking myself "will I be in Boston forever?" The answer never seems to feel like an absolute yes, but the idea of returning to this furnace is less than appealing outside of getting to see my family on a regular basis.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Lettuce talk about it...