no, not me.
I flew in to NYC tonight (I'll be on the Morning Show with Mike and Juliet (Fox) tomorrow morning!) and there was this guy on the flight who I swear was wasted.
First sign - as I put my carry on in the overhead compartment he was saying things like "Oh! hmm... that's going to be a tough one! I can't wait to see how this one goes!" I didn't realize right away that he was talking to me, but as soon as I got a spot for my bag he started clapping and yelling, "Woah!!! That as a really good one! WAY TO GO!!!" I laughed nervously and said thank you.
He was one row back and across the aisle from me. He commented on numerous people and their quest for a luggage spot then the poor guy who was seated in the middle seat next to him arrived. He went into a full attack on how this guy shouldn't eat these nasty airport sandwiches (which he had in-hand) and they went back and forth about how the middle seat guy was traveling with a buddy sitting in the middle seat across the aisle. Drunk Dude insisted on figuring out how they could sit together. AWKWARD! Eventually he did, actually, work it out and when he stood up to say the guys could sit together he just kept saying, "He convinced me!" The girls on either side of the buddy looked freaked at the idea that DD was going to sit in between them, so the girl by the window said quickly to the other girl, "SIT BY ME!" Turns out there were two seats open a few rows back and DD meant for the buddies to move there together. They did, happily. He followed them to the new seats and after rambling on for a while the guy in front of them said "Knock it off and get in your seat!" DD sat down. (at this point I smelled the liquor on him - ick!)
As he sat down he leaned on the seat in front of him and realizing he'd done this he purposely did it harder and then leaned over the seat practically in the guy's face and said, "Don't you hate when people do that? When they knock your seat like this (rocked the guy's seat again)? I didn't mean to do that, just wanted to say sorry." The guy in front of him looked freaked.
I had the thought that its weirdos like this that nobody says anything about because they're too worried about having their plans delayed. I'm guilty of it myself - I didn't want to wait any longer to take off and proving the guy was too drunk to fly would require a delay, I was sure. He was mostly quiet the rest of the flight with the exception of a few moans and grunts out loud.
Oh New York City. These are the flights and the passengers on them.
The guy to my left (I was in the middle - boo) was really hot, but way too buff and tan. He kept trying to look at my iPod... well, I'm not certain that's what he was doing, but every time I looked out the window he looked away quickly. weird.
I'm sitting in my room at Hotel Mela thinking about tomorrow's show. I'm more nervous about the NECN spot tomorrow evening, honestly, but hoping that they both go really well.
In what universe am I living where I'm on TWO television programs in one day? Who's life is this, anyway?
4 comments:
DD sounds aweful!!
Good luck today. We'll be praying for you. :o)
Ok, thats freakin' hilarious.
Oh. MY. Gosh. So funny! BTW-just watched you on tv...you were great! I wish they would have let you speak more than the other girl less. :)
I'm waiting so impatiently to watch you! I couldnt watch it live because I was at work...so im waiting for them to post it on the site!!!! I can't wait!!
Post a Comment
Lettuce talk about it...