6.20.2008

Weekend Update

Yesterday the cakes I made were a hit! This is really fun. :) I made the chocolate one again, but this time I put mini-choc chips in the middle layer and all over the top. I also made my Mom's AMAZING banana bread as a 9x13 cake and covered it with homemade cream cheese icing. yummm.

This weekend I'm attending a conference at a the seminary on the North Shore. It's called "Sex Refocused." Lauren Winner, the author of Girl Meets God, is the keynote and some of the workshops look rather interesting. We'll see if I gather any new information, but hopefully it will just be fun if nothing else.

Tonight our landlord is showing our apartment, so Meghann and I are going to clean like crazy this morning. We want this place to shine like the top of the Chrysler building! Hopefully it will trick someone into thinking this apartment is the most beautiful thing they've ever seen and won't be able to pass it up. They told us if they find renters for Aug 1 they'll let us out of our lease a month early (did I tell you we found out it ends Sept 1, not Aug 1 and we already found a place for Aug 1?).

Okay, my latest cosmetology project - to learn to wax eyebrows. I think I can do it. My sister's friend does it herself and I used to work with a girl who could... it can't be that complicated. I've had mine done for years (similar to how I learned to do my own pedicures) and I think if I have the right supplies I could do it. Any willing bodies to let me test my theory? hehe

Well, after yesterdays heated post full of comments I'm feeling a little bummed that this post isn't as interesting. Forgive me. I went to bed very late after watching 3 hours of So You Think You Can Dance last night. I shouldn't have stayed up so late, but I HAD to know who went home. I think it was the right people, although I liked the guy they sent home and would have preferred the one who was standing to his right (trying not to spoil too much).

That's it. I'm done torturing you with this post. I looked back and saw that the reason I had so many posts in May was because I was in Texas and posting pictures everyday. hmm - it is far more challenging to come up with content.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Whatt?? I loved this post! I can't believe you watched, "So you think you can Dance" for 3 hours last night! I wish I had been there, b/c you always have the best commentary! You should have taken pics of the cakes to post! I would have loved to seen them. OH WAIT, that can be your next post. ;)

Haley said...

I would totally trust you with my eyebrows!

Post a Comment

Lettuce talk about it...