7.04.2008

Double Feature!

The night before a long weekend always feels like the first "day" of vacation time to me.

Last night was no exception. Lauren, Elizabeth and I decided to go to the movies, something I rarely do here in Boston. The 7:35pm showing of Get Smart at Fenway was our goal, but we got way more than we bargained for...

Okay, so I'm not really a movie connoisseur. I typically want to see what my sister and I call "fluff." You know the kind - single girl has cool job in big city, girl meets cool guy unexpectedly, girl and guy fall in love. Its a simple formula, but I almost always love it. The downside to wanting to see fluff all the time is that it leaves me with what Gretchen has coined, PRCS. Post Romantic Comedy Syndrome. Oh, all the ladies know what I'm talking about. You've just watched 27 Dresses and you're suddenly daydreaming about your own undercover reporter sweeping you off your feet just when you thought you'd never be married... sigh...

This is a very dangerous thing, so luckily Hollywood doesn't release more than like 1-2 of these a month... if that.

All that to say, I don't ever pick action, sci-fi, drama or animated movies... but most often I end up really loving them.

Last night was filled with two! Get Smart, for those who are planning to see it, was really funny. I loooooooove Steve Carell. There were a few crude/stupid things, but overall I laughed a lot which is a simple yet effective way to get me to love a movie. It felt good to laugh so hard. I'd recommend this movie, but if you're a movie snob I have no idea if you'll like it - I'm just saying it was funny.

After the movie we got lost trying to find the parking garage and since we needed to make a potty stop we ended up on a different side of the theater. As we went into the deserted restroom we saw that Hancock was starting in 15 minutes. Hmmm... what's a girl to do?

Of course, we saw that one too! It was also a great movie! I wouldn't recommend it to anyone young as there was a LOT of cussing in the first half of the movie (f-bombs and all) but the story was really good. The movie seemed to fly by, too, which for me is a sure sign I was entertained.

We left the theater a little before midnight very happy with both our movies. On the way home we decided the best way to cap off the night was with an ice cream cone from McD's! It was yummmmy... and we paid for. ;)

Last night felt like summer. It felt like I might be having a good summer - which I'm not entirely sure is true, but it was good to be out with friends and laugh a lot. Thanks, Elizabeth Joy & Lauren!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lettuce talk about it...