8.09.2008

Interpreting Dreams

So, I'm going to tell you my dream from a nap I took today and you tell me what you think it means.

I was on a trip with family - both my sisters were there. We were hanging out trying to get all these screen doors propped open so that the breeze would move through the house. As we were working I bit down and suddenly one of my bottom molars crumbled into pieces in my mouth. I ran to the bathroom and spit out the pieces and looked at it in the mirror. There was a smaller tooth growing underneath, but it was very delicate and extremely painful that it had been exposed, seemingly too early. I went out and told my family that I broke a tooth and we need to find one of the emergency dentists. As we were looking for one I bit down again and the molar directly above the broken one crumbled. This one split in half and left only the backside of the tooth in place. Again, there was a new vulnerable tooth beneath it.
I yelled out and started to cry. The panic that we wouldn't find a doctor on a Saturday to fix my tooth was beginning to freak me out - not to mention it was hurting. A little while later we were all waiting to hear back and my sister, Becca, asked me if it hurt. I didn't realize that it had stopped hurting. Granted half my face and mouth were swollen, but I couldn't really feel the pain. I told her I thought it was amazing how God made the body to numb pain like that naturally.
Next thing I know I'm running around town trying to find a dentist, but unable to really speak clearly and imagining I look deformed with my swollen mouth. Lots of people told me they didn't know one and then this one couple tried to stop me and give me a sales pitch for something. I totally cut them off and using profanity told them I really needed a dentist, not whatever they were selling. I was so irritated they couldn't see my condition and assume I wouldn't have time to hear their pitch. Finally a nurse in scrubs exited a store and told me no dentists work on Saturdays. ever. I couldn't believe it, but I wasn't angry. I went home.
and the dream ended.

8 comments:

Kristen said...

here are my best interpretations:
1. you are concerned about dental insurance.
2. you deeply desire a relocation to central Texas.
3. you are feeling deep guilt over the fact that at nearly 30 years old you are still napping.
or my best guess:
4. Today is the d's going away party, you've had a lot of folks move away in your life and feel kind of raw and angry (hence the profanity laced yelling at the sales-couple) and that you miss your sisters. (in which case I feel the logical decision is to move back to Texas.)

ps. I'm totally kidding about moving back to Texas. Though Texas would welcome you home, of course.

pps. my word verification was 'uhhmn' which I think clearly indicates that my interpretations are accurate.

Haley said...

I think it just means you're crazy. :) Kidding. I've got nothing on what it really means. I only have dreams that people I know are pregnant before they know they're pregnant.

Jill said...

Did you brush your teeth this morning?? That's all I have for you. Thank goodness it was just a dream though...that sounds very painful!

Leslie said...

Umm, I'm thinking along the same lines with Kristen. She pretty much hit the nail on the head with her predictions! :) And yes, Texas would totally welcome you, totally.

Sarah said...

Well, teeth dreams typically mean you feel 'out of control.' Whats cool is that there are little teeth underneath, even if they are new and vulnerable.. perhaps that even amongst all your change, you're trusting in the knowledge that God is already providing in the loss. Or maybe you ate somethin' spicy before you laid down.

Sarah said...

ps. I would love for you to be here if I thought you could be happy in Texas, but alas, I know that isnt the case. bah.

Anonymous said...

No, teeth dreams typically mean that you are concerned about money.

Biz said...

Everything I've read has said teeth dreams have a direct link to feeling out of control, too. Since I'm not currently concerned about money, I think I'll go with the control thing... since that IS what I'm currently struggling with. ha.
I know I need to write a real post... and I will soon! Lots to update from the last week of meetings and conferences on leadership. :)

Post a Comment

Lettuce talk about it...