11.21.2008

A Day in the Life of an Unemployed Twenty-Something

Here's what my typical day looks like right now:

7:30-8:30am Wake Up
8:40am - eat breakfast (oatmeal and yogurt)
8:45am - watch show from the night before on DVR
9:00am - 10:30am - job search and send out resumes
10:45am - workout
12:00pm - run an errand (which I don't really have at present)
12:30pm - lunch (soup or a sandwich lately)
1:00 - 3:00pm - job search and send out resumes
3:30pm - read
5:30pm - rejoice the roommates are home!!!
6:30pm - dinner
8:00pm - 11:00pm - watch tv with roomies
11:00pm - 12:ooam - read
12:00am - fall asleep

Can you believe this is my life right now!? Trust me, it may sound nice to sit around all day and just go workout, but it is verrrrrry boring most days. Although, I didn't put in there the hour or two a day I get sucked into facebook + the blog world vortex.

Next week is Thanksgiving, so I'm guessing there won't be a job then either. I need prayer. Yesterday I forgot my headphones and had to workout without watching a show (eek!). The problem with that was it meant I had time to think. Well, you should have seen me on that elliptical machine - my heart rate was higher than its been in a while because I was starting to freak out about finances while I worked out. Not good. I need to watch a show so I don't have a heart attack at the gym.

Yesterday my schedule looked a little different because I spent the day at the Sawyers' house, got to see Carol, Susanna & Daniel (fun fun!) and then had dinner and watched tv on the Barrs' couch instead of mine. It was a really nice day, actually! Thank you, Lord!

Alright, enough complaining. I just need a stinkin' job. Starbucks gives their employees health insurance after 3 months of only working 20 hrs a week... hmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lettuce talk about it...