11.18.2008

Unemployment Chronicles, Day 44

The sun is shining this morning, but the high is 38. I have been unemployed for over a month. When will it end?! I'm trying not to panic over things that God has ultimate power over, but its getting harder!

The past two weeks have been crazy. Texas was wonderful and leaving there made me feel like I wanted to run back to the safety of my family and friends there as soon as possible. Coming back to Boston I spent last week taking care of the Barnes kiddos while they were away. It was a lot of work, but I'm glad I did it.


Friday, Meghann and I escaped to NYC and had an awesome weekend. Her company on the car rides alone made the trip worth it, but I also got to see her life in Brooklyn. So many things made more sense about Meg, and I couldn't help but feel that Brooklyn was her home. We came back and yesterday I searched for jobs in NYC.


I'm waiting to hear if I'll get an in-person interview with the non-profit I had the phone interview with last week. I should know something Friday or Saturday. I'm not sure if this is the job for me, but if I don't make it past this round I think I'm going to temp until I can figure out what the heck to do with myself.


Where is my home? Where is my city that feels more like home than Dallas? Maybe there isn't one, but I can't see myself back in Texas yet. I'm in a position to travel and try something new again and the itch to do that is getting stronger. Currently there's nothing in Boston keeping me here - although I imagine that could easily change in a matter of weeks or months - but for now I'm daydreaming about the new life I could have in another fun city. Why not, right? You'd come visit, wouldn't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lettuce talk about it...