I know I've been MIA for a little while, so I wanted to give you a full update on what's going on with my job search. Last week I received an email from SWSG saying they were having some scheduling difficulties and were postponing the hiring process until January. I asked if this meant they were halting all the decisions (like who the final three will be) or if it was simply a schedule conflict. They've yet to reply to me, so I'm not sure what's going on. At this point I'd be happy to hear from them at all! I don't know that I'll make it to the final round or if I even really want the job, but I'll continue in the process as long as they'll have me.
Thursday I had an interview for a part-time job with the BMA (Black Ministerial Alliance) at a project called the Capacity Tank. It is an incredible project as they work to do capacity building activities and offer services to youth serving non-profits in Boston. They work they're doing is SO important and very much of interest to me personally and professionally. The job is only part-time, so that's a big negative, but the people are amazing and the work would be rewarding. I should hear from them today if I get a second interview next week.
Friday morning I had an interview with a company in Bedford, MA for a full-time position. This would be the Assistant Operations Manager and I'd be supervising a couple of people (interns and temps). The tasks are an obvious fit with my experience and the woman I'd be working for would provide me with a lot of professional development as she's doing a lot of things I'm interested in doing (helping organizations grow and function more effectively, etc). I should know in the next few days if I'll get a second interview with them, but that interview would not take place until mid-January because it is a UK company and the HR director would be flying out for that interview. This means the job would most likely begin end of Jan, early Feb. So, there's the negative of that one. :)
Currently I'm filling in at an after-school program for high risk youth through the Salvation Army called, Bridging the Gap. Its been interesting, to say the least! These teens are tough (or so they want me to think) and they're living in a context I have very little understanding of, but it has been really rewarding in all the challenges. They've asked me to stay on until mid-January or possibly later as the teacher I'm filling in for had back surgery. This could definitely be a good thing timing-wise with the other interviews and needing have a flexible schedule (this job is only 30 hrs a week) but still earning income. The temp agency recruiter said he could get me some temp work in January if it would help me follow through on the process with the full-time position I interview for today. It looks like work will be available, but there won't be any definitive answers for a little while longer.
I oddly have felt very little anxiety in the past few months. Well, I say oddly, but I know so many have prayed for me! God has blessed me with the an incredibly supportive family and that has made a huge difference. I know my needs will be met and I know God will open doors at exactly the right time. My job is to be patient and believe in the waiting room. So far, he's blessed me with that faith and peace of mind. Thank you, Lord!
I'll write again soon! I've got lots of holiday festivities this weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Lettuce talk about it...