I have two new products that I love love love and wanted to share with you!
I got a haircut yesterday (woohoo!) and the stylist used the most amazing new product called Moroccan Oil.

Moroccanoil™:
● Softens thick unmanageable hair.
● Restores shine and softness to dull lifeless hair. Strengthens brittle hair.
● Promotes healing and provides nourishment to hair damaged by coloring and styling.
● Creates an optimal balance for the hair and scalp.
● Nourishes the scalp (alleviates itchy, dry scalp)
● Protects against UV damage and other environmental factors.
● Reduces drying time and speeds up styling time.
MOROCCANOIL™ has a patented weightless formula with no build up.
MOROCCANOIL™ is stored in an Amber Glass bottle to protect the oil from ultraviolet rays that cause oxidation and degradation.
My life was completely changed in eighth grade when my then stylist, M , introduced me to hair products. A little goes a long way, but definitely use a little! This oil is awesome and I can't wait to get some for myself. They also have a hydrating cream she used on me yesterday, a thicker hair masque, and a special formula cream to enhance curls. Good stuff.
NEXT...

I have been asked several times in the last few months about a daytime makeup regimen. Before I talk about my new favorite, I want to share my all-time favorite. My number one product is a tinted moisturizer with an SPF in it. I've used this for many years and have tried a few brands. My favorite is Neutrogena's Healthy Defense that comes with a light tint. Its about $12 at Target and lasts a long time. It goes on like lotion, but gives a hint of coverage for day. PLUS it is SPF 30 - that's the highest one I've found.
If you're a designer makeup fan, MAC has a smooth formula that's more matte with SPF 15. Most lines are coming out with their own tinted moisturizers, so try one out ... just be sure there's an SPF!
Once you've got the tinted moisturizer you may have days (or evenings) when you want a little more of a full makeup look, since the moisturizer is very light coverage. If you're like me, though, you don't love the feeling of foundation. My brilliant makeup artist friend, Leslie, led me to this awesome product over the holidays and I LOOOOOVE it. THANKS, LESLIE!
It is airbrush foundation from Sally Hansen. You use a little wedge sponge to spray it on and dab it on your face to blend in. The 'no color' formula blends in perfectly with any skin, but they do offer other tints. It even has a teeny tiny bit of SPF - an 8, so don't rely on it for actual sun protection. You'll want to use a regular moisturizer on your face under this product, but I promise you won't be disappointed! I have used it twice, and it lasted all day!
Airbrush Makeup SPF 8Liquid Makeup in a Can!
Mistake-Proof Application Every Time!
Revolutionary liquid makeup in an aerosol can provides a flawless, airbrush look.
With SPF 8 sunburn protection.
Lightweight formula imparts an invisible, impeccable finish.
Long-wearing. Water-resistant.
Dermatologist Tested - Hypoallergenic - Fragrance Free.
Special Ingredients:Special combination of Vitamins A, C & E help improve skin with every use.
8 comments:
i just got a bottle of morroccan oil last week when i got my hair cut, and i love it! the smell is delicious. wonder if it's the hot new thing at salons?!
Would the morroccan oil be too heavy for my thin hair???? sounds great!
i will have to try the morroccan oil, although i'm concerned that it would make my flat hair even flatter. but it would be good to have around to use maybe once a month when i need the extra condition for the hair and scalp. oh, and i'm so excited that you love the foundation as much as i do!! yay! great post!
Hey Liz, I have looked several places today for the foundation and cant find it. I went to Target, Walmart and Sally beauty store. Where can I get it?!
Hey friends!
Okay, so yes it will make hair flat-ish... one of my friends used it with just blow drying and her hair looked flat ironed. It makes it silky & smooth, so some of you Southern Belles may not be going for that look. ;)
Anyway, you use a tiny tiny bit of it, so I don't think it would make it oily or too heavy - it would just make it sleek and shiny.
As for the Sally Hansen spray foundation - I picked mine up at Ulta. Tonight I saw CVS carries it, but they were out of the 'no color' version, so maybe they usually have it. If you don't have an Ulta store near you check for it online. (If you're in Boston or Dallas you have an Ulta, though. :))
Hope that helps!!!
Nice tips!! Thanks!! I will have to look for them. I Love the new look to your blog!
I love Healthy Defense too. They do have 45spf, but it's not tinted.
okay, first. Leslie, if you want to see flat hair, check out mine. I don't think it can handle morroccan oil, though I like the sound of it.
second, Liz! Did you forget you had a blog? UPDATE!
and ps. did you know elizabeth was bit? (I think, right bit? that was you, right...there are a lot of elizabeth's around...)
Post a Comment
Lettuce talk about it...