107 days unemployed. Can you believe it?
I'm sorry I've been MIA. I don't have a good excuse, so I won't try to creatively come up with one. I'm simply not inspired. I think the new layout had some impact on that -it annoyed me, but I didn't make time to change it. I really like the new one, so maybe the blogs will return to me.
Things in the land of no job have been okay. I haven't lost hope - in fact, Thursday I have a second interview with a company that I hope to be working for in the next couple weeks(!) - but having no income is officially played out. I'm sick of begging and biting my nails in hopes it all works out. I need a paycheck! I need health insurance! sigh...
The best thing about these 107 days, though, is what God has done/is doing. He has really yanked old fears into the light and renewed my hope in his faithfulness and goodness. The truth of the matter is that it isn't about having a job/not having a job - being single/being married - living in the city/living in the 'burbs - it is about believing God is who he says he is - believing that he is good and that he has a plan and it is perfect. Believing, as Kristen always reminds me, that God knows me better than I do, so I can trust him to take care of me. He hasn't failed me. He hasn't forgotten me. He isn't trying to trick me. He loves me beyond measure and he eternally delights in me because of Christ.
We've been talking about this a lot lately and I just can't get over how incredible it is that God delights in me eternally. I have zero idea of what that really means, though, because I've never had anyone love me perfectly. I'm being challenged to not envision God has the best person I know, or worse, the best version of myself I can imagine, but to know him as True, Holy, Just, Faithful, Compassionate, Powerful, Steadfast, and Ever loving.
I'm praising God for my unemployment. all 107 days of it. Not because its been fun to sleep in and play with friends (I haven't slept in at all, actually!), but because he has taken full advantage of having my undivided attention and I am standing in a moment of clarity confidently telling you that God loves me and that simply rocks my world.
1 comment:
I'm so proud of you and will be praying my heart out tomorrow. :0) 107 days is a long time...BUT can you imagine being at HF 107 more days. God is so good to take care of our needs!!
Post a Comment
Lettuce talk about it...