That's right! Beginning March 16, 2009, I will be the new office manager for Stand for Children, a national non-profit that's mission is to "use the power of grassroots action to help all children get the excellent public education and strong support they need to thrive." This afternoon they called to tell me that they absolutely loved me and are thrilled to be offering me the opportunity to join their team. She said my references were glowing, which she expected, but that it was fun to hear how passionately they talked about me. She also shared with me that after my first interview she went to the director and asked her if she could just offer me the job. Isn't that incredible?!
My excitement over this position is difficult to express. Not only does the organization have a mission I can fully support, but it is a position that is perfectly suited to my strengths and gifts. One of the best parts is that I was completely honest and open in the interviews about who I am and what I can offer ... and they wanted ME. It feels so amazing to hear someone with complete conviction agree with me that I am perfect for their organization.
I will have been unemployed for 161 days when I start at Stand. I never could have imagined all the work God would do in me in these five months. In many ways I feel like a different person, a new creation. My faith has been renewed during this season of waiting. God has removed walls emotionally, spiritually and physically that kept me from living in freedom for many years. I feel weaker than ever in my ability to be in charge of my life - and that gives me a peace I can't explain.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for coming along this journey with me. Your prayers and support have built me up and pushed me toward Christ, and for that I am eternally grateful.
I guess now I'll need to start a new 'mini-series' to replace The Unemployment Chronicles... any ideas? :)
6 comments:
I called when I saw the news, but want to say again... GREAT NEWS AND I AM PROUD OF YOU, AS ALWAYS! Can't wait to celebrate in person.
YAY!!! I'm so excited for you, it sounds just perfect!!! Don't you just love how God just works out all the details just perfectly!?! Congrats again!!!
Yea!!! So excited for you!
Congratulations. I've read a couple of books about public education recently. I'll be interested in hearing about SfC.
YAY!!! Again!! I'm so excited for you and I know you are going to perfect for this job!!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you. And what a great organization to work for! Soo cool! I can't wait to hear about all the great things God does through you at this job!
Post a Comment
Lettuce talk about it...