I gave up Facebook for Lent, and there are these moments when everything around me is still and my mind immediately shoots to 'man, I wish I could check facebook.' Do you see why I chose to give it up?
Sundays, however, are not fasting days during Lent. I checked FB last week and I must say it was a let down. I'm not sure what I think I'll find there that will be new, exciting or helpful, but the itch to log on remains. If I'm honest I haven't missed it terribly - I've been too busy - but in moments like this when I could be doing something productive or simply being still with my Creator, I think of Facebook.
so pathetic. :)
So, I'm going to write some of the status updates I would have put up on FB in the past two weeks (is this cheating?).
Elizabeth can't wait for her sisters to get here!
Elizabeth loves face time with Becca.
Elizabeth is thankful!
Elizabeth can't get enough of sister time.
Elizabeth has the best friends in the world.
Elizabeth loves eating birthday cake for days.
Elizabeth loves when the sun comes out to play!
Elizabeth is tired, but happy happy!
Elizabeth has one week of unemployment left - hooray!
Elizabeth had to phone a friend to get out of Target today.
Elizabeth loves new things.
Elizabeth is ready for the bake-a-thon!
Elizabeth hopes the carrot cake tastes yummy on Saturday.
Elizabeth needs rest.
Elizabeth wishes she could have someone wash and dry her hair everyday.
Elizabeth is thankful the sun is back!
Elizabeth loves daffodils.
Elizabeth is procrastinating... still.
Alright, that's about it. I've thought of a million over the past two weeks which tells me that my life is either a) pathetic, b) awesome, or c) warped. In reality it might just be d) all of the above!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Lettuce talk about it...