9.02.2009

Summertime Gazette: Dreams of Blogging

I had a dream last night and in the dream thought I needed to blog what was happening and then wrote a blog - in the dream! Needless to say, I was motivated to write when I got up this morning.

The past month has been insanely busy, yet wonderful. I spent two weeks on the West Coast. The first week I traveled up to Seattle and Vancouver with my Dad, Jake, Adam, and Jason. Yes, all the men in the family and me. Jason's girlfriend, Beth, was around for a few days, so that helped!

We had an incredible time seeing the Pacific North-West - what a breathtaking part of the country! Some of the highlights were the seafood boil lunch in downtown Seattle near Pike's Market, the afternoon we spent in Victoria, BC, the hours of riding in the car talking with my Dad and Adam, the hours in the car with my iPod in and eyes closed, snuggling with Jake Thomas, seeing the giant troll under the bridge in Seattle, and the night at a hotel with one king sized bed for my Dad, Jake and I to sleep in - best part - my Dad slept in the middle so that Jake wouldn't attack me in the night.

The second week of my trip was a staff retreat in Portland, OR. It was an intense few days, but an awesome time of getting to know my coworkers. We stayed at this really interesting hotel that was converted from a poor farm into a nursing home and then abandoned. This company bought the property and turned it into this compound that's pretty earthy/granola and really cool! I've been at Stand for just about seven months and while the honeymoon phase is ending I'm thankful to be really getting to know my coworkers.




After being back a week, I drove down to Brooklyn this weekend to celebrate my sister's birthday with her. It was so fun! I got there Saturday about 11am and left Sunday at 7:30am. We walked around Manhattan, ate yummy food, and saw Avenue Q on Broadway! It was a great way to spend my Saturday!











The weather in Boston is incredible this week. Mid-70's, sunny - absolutely beautiful! We have a three day weekend coming up, and I'm hoping to get to a beach since I'm nowhere near my summer goal. So sad!

3 comments:

Diane Davis said...

you have had a fun and busy summer!

i think we were in oregon at the same time. i was in eugene for a week in august for my TWENTY year HS reunion.

i've only been to NYC once and i fell in love with the city. i saw avenue q and laughed so hard i cried. did you like it?

anyways, glad to see you are blogging. you're on my blog list so i'm up on you now!

cousin diane

Jill said...

Fun times!!!!

Leslie said...

Yay, your back!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the pics and I'm so glad you had good times with family!!

Post a Comment

Lettuce talk about it...