9.17.2009

Why I Love Being a Grown Up

Growing up is hard to do. However, there are great advantages to being a grown up! My nephew, Jake, often reminds us of the inequality between children and grown ups, and now that I think about it - he's right, there are some really great things about being grown up.

1. You don't have to clean your room (or car) if you don't want to.
2. You can eat dessert for lunch and cereal for dinner.
3. You can stay up past 10pm.
4. You can have friends over everyday (and they can stay late).
5. You can pick out all your own clothes - at the store and each day when you get dressed.
6. You decide how you want your hair styled.
7. You can drive yourself around.
8. You plan your weekend around what you want to do.
9. You can see any movie you want.
10. You can be friends with everyone.

What are your favorite things about being a grown up?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love that I can eat cake for dinner. I love that I can go anywhere by myself. I love the ability to see outside myself (although it doesn't happen as much as I like). And as much as my job drives me nuts sometimes, I like it WAY better than math homework. Oh! And if I clog up the toilet, no one ever has to know.

Leslie said...

Oh yeah, I love being a grown-up. Pretty much for every reason you said, especially the cereal for dinner! I'm still trying to convince John how great of an idea that is. :)

Post a Comment

Lettuce talk about it...