11.24.2009

She did.





She taught the lessons
She helped me grow
She lifted my spirits
She frustrated me so

She did it all
day in and day out
She loved boldly and honestly
She left no doubt

She laughed when it wasn't funny
She quietly cried
She was brave and fiercely loyal
She could shift moods in the blink of an eye

She did all the cooking
and all the baking, too
She tended garden, hemmed pants,
and painted her moods

She crafted and created each day of her life

She did all these things in spite of the fight
She loved us boldly and honestly
the best she knew how

She was mine. She was yours. She was His all along.
She did it, she made it, she passed the finish line.
She sees Him, she knows Him, she waits for us there
and when I see her I'll tell her how grateful I am for all she did here.

5 comments:

Heather said...

beautiful.

I can see a lot of her in you, outide and in.

Kit said...

Biz, tears now. I'm remembering someone I never had the privilege to meet, in your honor. I see her gifts and beauty in you and your siblings and your sweet nephew. Praying for you today, my friend.

Kristen said...

Liz-this is such a beautiful tribute to your mom. you and jason and sarah and adam and becca are a wonderful tribute to her, too. you mom, maybe more than any other i've ever known poured herself right into your very being and as i look at you now, it's clear that she is still (and will always be) so very much in you. love you today!

Mrs. D said...

aww, I love this.

Leslie said...

Biz, this is beautiful! What an amazing poem honoring your mom. I'm so proud of you and your family. Your homecoming will be so glorious one day!

Post a Comment

Lettuce talk about it...