11.25.2009

Countdown to Turkey

When I woke up this morning it felt like Christmas morning. I'm giddy over what the next four days entail. First and foremost, I'm giddy that Adam, Sarah, and Jake get here today! Becca & Eric will be here either late tonight or sometime tomorrow. I CAN'T WAIT to have them all in my home!

My Dad, Grandma, Uncle Jim and Aunt Nancy arrived yesterday. I took them to R.F. O'Sullivan's for a great burger. Did anyone know RFO's does trivia on Tue nights? Well, they do.

Today I pick up Adam at the airport at 12:30pm and Sarah & Jake at 10:30pm. There's so much to do, so I'm making my to-do list right here.

Things I MUST do today:
  • Pick up family from airport
  • Make carrot cake
  • Bake 2 pies
  • Chop veggies
  • Prep casseroles (4)
  • Return museum pass to library & pick up new pass by 5pm
  • Clean my bathroom
  • Take empty boxes & other items to basement
  • Be thankful!!!

Things I'd like to do today:
  • Run to Gingerbread Construction Co. for some breakfast treats
  • Grocery store for a couple extras
  • Workout
  • Make up the laignaippe for Becca & Eric (laignaippe = pronounced "lawn-yop" - a Creole term we got from Gretchen that means 'extra' or 'bonus' - this is what we call our laundry room because it is big enough to be a guest room)
I feel the urge to blast Billy Joel, wrap my head in a bandana, and get to work around the house... my Mom is never far away. ;)

2 comments:

Kit said...

Yay! So much fun! I feel the same as you, so much to do but it's all good...I left for Market Basket at 6:50 this morning and guess what? It wasn't crowded!!! Hee hee. Best time to go.
Have a great day!

Mrs. D said...

wow!! That's a LOT to do! I thankful for you!

Post a Comment

Lettuce talk about it...