My jaw has improved greatly - thank you for your concern. :P
I feel like I'm starting over with this blog, but I have no idea what to write about. If I get too personal, Tim gets nervous. If I don't get personal enough, my friends get nervous. What to do.
For now I will leave you with a simple update about my general state of being. :)
Life has been moving at a pace that is sometimes nauseating, often exhilarating.I traveled last month to the West Coast and had a nice couple days with my brother before a week in Portland for our annual staff retreat. Next weekend I'm headed to Brooklyn with my pal, Laura, to visit Becca & Eric and see his art show. I'm looking forward to 24 hours with family.
I've been emotional lately, but can't quite pinpoint the cause. The usual, of course, missing my family, missing my Mom, hating the humidity, wishing I could control everything and rule my world... I guess I'm a little stir-crazy.
The good news is that things at work are always changing and the challenges keep coming. It keeps things fresh and I can honestly say that I'm just as happy with my job today as I was a year and a half ago when I started. That feels kind of crazy since I've never stuck with something that long, but it makes me so glad to be able to say it!
Tim and I have been having a lot of fun exploring New England, but we also spent Memorial Day weekend in Dallas with my family. His first trip to Texas and I think I heard him tell someone that it was, "good to see where she grew up - yeah, it was all pretty new, though." This man loves old stuff. (no age jokes, please :)) He had a great time with my nephew, Jake, which thrilled me to no end. The two of them were like - well, every twosome I think of has a negative connotation, so let's just leave it at they could spend days together and not get bored. :)
The weather in Boston is horrible right now. Usually the summer is so exciting, but the last 10 days have been HOT and humid. It should rain this weekend, so hopefully it will get the moisture out of the air and we'll be back to our regular blissful summer temperatures.
Oh! I almost forgot - I've decided to run a 5K this summer! After watching an episode of Jillian Michel's Losing It where a woman lost 30 pounds in 6 weeks and ran a 5K. It was so inspirational and I kept thinking, "I can run a 5K - I need to just do it!" The problem is most races are scheduled for Sundays, so I'm planning my own. It will be in Newburyport, MA followed by a beach day on Plum Island. If you're in Boston August 14th - join us!
Well, I've got go eat some lunch and sit still near an a/c for the rest of the afternoon. I'm assuming I don't really have any readers left since I've been M.I.A, but thanks for reading if you're here now! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Lettuce talk about it...