11.07.2010

soundtracks of life

Each distinct season of my life has a soundtrack associated with it. There are certain songs that capture exactly how I'm feeling about my current circumstances, and I find myself playing them on repeat. It isn't always during valleys - I have plenty of songs that define some really great times, but typically those fun songs make me sad once the season they're linked to passes. This makes it difficult for me to return to music until enough time has passed to soften some of the sting associated with it, so I buy music pretty frequently. Not because I'm always looking for the next best artist, but because I need something to play in my head while I'm contemplating and processing my life. I don't think I'm alone in this, but I've never blogged about it.

Here's what's playing here in heartbreak valley:

"If You Want Me To" -Ginny Owens 
"Farewell" -Rosie Thomas
"Breathe Again" -Sara Bareilles
"Gone" -Melody Gardot  
"Cry" -Kelly Clarkson 
"Clear as a Bell" -Rosie Thomas
"Gonna Get Over You" -Sara Bareilles 
"We Build" - Nichole Nordeman
"Wedding Day" -Rosie Thomas
"Say Amen" -Ginny Owens

Bonus Track:
"The Guy Who Says Goodbye to You is Out of His Mind" -Griffin House

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lettuce talk about it...