Tuesday, 01 March 2005
I think Boston may be the most incredible city in the US. I mean, definitely this week it is!! haha. I went this past weekend and it was SO MUCH FUN! The city is so full or history and yet it is totally hip- I really can't tell you another city that feels that cool and yet low key. I loved it. You gotta visit if you get the chance.
I also left this weekend feeling like there is something more for me outside of Texas. We'll see where God directs that urge, but I'm totally open to leaving Texas after I graduate in a year and finding His will for me in another part of this great country.
Tuesday, 10 May 2005
The latest development in the Chronicles of Biz Going to Graduate School: I'm looking at out of state schools!!! This thrills me to NO end! The top contenders in the pre-lims are California State at Long Beach and at Northridge, Washington Univeristy in Seattle, NYU, Boston College, Emerson in Boston, and possibly a couple others. This is from the initial internet searching. All have comm departments and are in AMAZING parts of the country. Obviously, we all know Kristen votes for Boston, and actually I could totally see myself living in Boston. That makes me really excited. Its mucho dinero, though, so there needs to be more thinking on that point. In October when I visit Boston I can look at the schools, though! (and maybe apartments!! eek!!!) It doesn't have to be forever, but how could you not want to escape and have an adventure for a couple years?! ahhh...
Tuesday, 10 May 2005
Boston is looking better and better.
Monday, 13 June 2005
The biggest revelation here is that I don't believe I'll be applying to any schools in California. I love it here and its really beautiful in some parts, but its just not me. I really think deep down I'm more of an east coast kinda girl. So... now Seattle (which is kinda east coast-like), Boston, and Indiana. :) I'm wearing my Red Sox shirt right now.
Friday, 24 June 2005
There are 4 schools in Boston I will be applying to for the Spring. Hopefully the Dean's List will help buffer the lame score I'll be receiving on the GRE.
Monday, 27 June 2005
My sister and I saw "Fever Pitch" at the dollar movie last night. It was just as great as the first time! Every time they panned out for a full view of the Boston area my sister would look at me and say "breathe"! hahaha. That movie is so incredibly good for showing a view of the city. If you're wondering why I'm in love with Boston- go see Fever Pitch. Oh, and my love has nothing to do, really, with the Red Sox although I think Johnny Damon is hot.
I've been looking online at some nanny positions in the Boston area. I'm thinking if I don't get into grad school, and providing I don't have cancer, I could move there in January and work for a while and start school next fall. I'd like to get started right away in grad school, but if I have to I'll work. They pay a lot more up there and most families include benefits! How cool. I'd do one that is part-time and probably work another job, too. I don't want to be a live-in for anyone other than Kristen!!
But I could stand to go a couple days a week and watch someone's kids. Hmm.. we'll see... maybe I could work at a cool bookstore. ... I'm thinking discount.
Tuesday, 28 June 2005
I have made the decision to move to Boston in January. Grad school or not - I'm going! .... well, unless the Lord puts up a clear roadblock. I'm really excited about it-- even if some of you are not -- this is the greatest moment of my life outside of the day Jesus won my heart! I am making a truly grown up decision and starting the rest of my life with a bang!
Wow, what if I meet someone in Boston and end up there forever?? Hmm... that would be weird. Think about it- some of our parents weren't originally in Texas. My mom, for instance, lived her entire life in California. I wonder if she ever imagined any other place being home longer than California. Its totally possible that will happen to a lot of us. Crazy thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Lettuce talk about it...