I'm home for two weeks - hooray! The next leg of travel will be a little more intense, but I'm not going to focus on that just yet. We moved our Chicago visit, so I get an extra week at home.
Saturday I'll head to NYC for a sisters weekend. I CAN'T wait to be with them!
Okay - road stories - the trip to Denver was so quick - too quick, in fact - that I had to see the city from a cab. I hope to go back because what I could see looked really cool! The flights in and out of Denver, though, not fun - lots of turbulence. Sister Sarah - never go to Denver. It actually felt like the plane was fishtailing at times and we landed in a lightening storm. I was so motion sick I nearly burst into tears when I realized I had to take a tram to baggage claim. The airport isn't close to downtown, so by the time I got to the hotel I was probably three shades of green.
The end of the first week and into the next week I worked from Portland, OR. The weather was unusually lovely and I fully enjoyed access to sunshine. My new boss has made several comments about how nice it is to have me right next to him and how nice the weather is all summer in OR. I told him I am not moving there, but I'm definitely open to working there periodically. :)
We took the train up to Seattle to complete our first tour. The nearly 4 hour ride flew by because we talked the entire time - I'm really enjoying working with Scott! He commented that it was the fastest ride to Seattle he's even taken which I responded was due to the fact that I talked the entire time. He loved it, though, and we got a lot done. We spent two days with our WA team, and were blessed with incredible weather! Seriously, it was amazing.
The hardest part of traveling is checking out of my personal life for weeks at a time, but I am absolutely loving this opportunity to see all of our offices and work alongside the new CIO. I feel incredibly blessed to be doing this and can see really clearly God's providence in bringing me to this season. I'm thankful!
Rumor on the street is that I might be traveling more regularly in the coming year, and if that means I can swing by the homes of friends and family across the country it will be tough to complain. :)
Okay - the best/worst tale from the road - the red eye flight I took from Seattle on Thursday night. It took off at 11:30pm PST and landed in Boston around 8am EST. The entire flight a man across the aisle from me was throwing up. It was soooo disturbing! I kept my iPod in to avoid hearing it and getting sick myself, but it resulted in a very rough Friday and a pretty sleepy weekend. I felt bad for the guy, though, as I remembered all those years ago when I was 19 and traveling to Disney World with my best friend's family - I got sick on every single flight (Dallas to Houston, Hou to Orlando - and back). It was a horrible experience. I pray the little lady next to me was wrong and this guy was motion sick and not fighting the flu...
1 comment:
Oh yah, Jason told me that flying over the Rocky Mountains in that area is the worst! He said you really feel like you are going to die. He said the plane will drop so much sometimes, it's certain for a crash landing. haha- thanks for the reminder! I would FREAK.. and get sick.
Post a Comment
Lettuce talk about it...