I'm sorry I haven't written much in the last year, but life has been crazy and you know I typically only write when things aren't going so well. Why is that, I wonder?
I wouldn't say things aren't going 'well' right now, but they're certainly not what I expected. In any case - I've busied myself with a new hobby - sewing! My Mom was a master sewist and though she tried to teach me to sew in my early 20's I didn't catch the fever until three weeks ago. I sure wish she were here to guide me and laugh at my blunders.
This is her old machine - now owned by my sweet baby seester.
I took my first class at an adorable local shop, Gather Here - check out the pinning job... We made this box bag - drum roll please - WITH A ZIPPER! Isn't it cute?!
I was instantly hooked - thus I should like to introduce you to my new buddy, Jerome. He's sleek, straight-forward and respectful of my beginner status.
I've been playing with this great tool, The Ruffler, for which I am anxious to attain more sewing skill to apply ruffles to everything and anything my heart desires. I tried making another type of bag with ruffles and I can feel myself getting more comfortable with the Jerome and all the measuring/cutting sewing requires. (WHO knew you needed geometry for hobbies?) Stay tuned for my first piece of apparel - a high/low circle skirt! Do you have hobbies that put a pep in your step? Anything you've always wanted to learn but never gave it a go? I say do it!
Oh and just because it is Friday, Spring has arrived and the forecast is calling for snow tonight - I got my nails painted hot pink. I must say, shallow as it may be, it made me giddy and happy inside. I'll try to blog more consistently, but no promises. We definitely need to talk about GCB, gel manicures and the upcoming birth of my newest niece/nephew in October!
xoxo






No comments:
Post a Comment
Lettuce talk about it...