10.20.2012

making lists

It feels like a new hobby, but the only way I've been able to manage my anxiety is to make lists. I have a list of places to eat before I go, an inventory of my belongings for moving, what needs to be purchased, all the places that need a change of address and even had a list if who to notify of my move both professionally and personally with drafts of the emails I sent to them.

What I'm saying is I feel out of control because I'm in denial that I never had it to begin with. I don't have an exact move date, but hope to hear from the relocation company this week (another thing to be anxious about).

The reality is that God has provided for every single logistical detail, so I literally don't need to be anxious about anything. I am free to just enjoy my last couple of weeks in Boston and grieve the loss of proximity to so many people and places I love dearly. How sweet is that?! What a gift.

Now if I can just fully appreciate this outrageous overflow of God's mercy and kindness and RELAX.

If only...    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lettuce talk about it...