11.09.2012

36 hours and counting

I'm feeling intense anxiety as the hours to departure tick away. A dear friend always reminds me of the healing power of gratitude, so here's an effort to quiet my mind.

Things I'm thankful for:

  • A new job I'm excited about
  • A new manager who is responsive and supportive 
  • The company is shipping my car, so I can fly away instead of drive alone
  • Movers with packing included (in fact, I'm not allowed to pack or it isn't covered by insurance!)
  • The kind people who work for all the relocation company vendors 
  • My new landlords are SO kind!
  • My little rental house with a spare bedroom AND my very own beautiful kitchen
  • I'm not the only new girl at work - they hired a team of us at the same time
  • Lisa Eubanks - officially my first friend in Houston who I met while living in Boston 
  • Countless people in Boston who are sad I'm leaving and love me so sweetly 
  • 7 incredible years in one of the most amazing cities in the country!
  • The deep, everlasting joy of meeting some of my lifelong dearest friends in such a magical place
  • The peace in this seemingly crazy decision to move to Houston

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lettuce talk about it...