Saying goodbye sucks. I'm sorry I don't have more advanced language for this sentiment. We just weren't built for endings and boy do I feel the reality of that on my last Sunday at my beloved church in Cambridge.
I'm surprised by the things that bring the tears. Little things like a line in a hymn, a child I knew before they were born looking at their mama during church, the look in my pastor's eye as he serves communion to the servers - sweet moments that I hope I never forget.
There is hope in my sorrow. The hope of new beginnings and the certainty that God will provide, but right now the loss is acute and it stings like hell. No pun intended, but I guess it kinda works. The thought of being forever separated makes me sick to my stomach. This sensation for all eternity - how horrible! How tragic! How terrifying!
It should make me all the more eager to share the Gospel with people, so I'm praying that with each passing year the reality of what awaits us in eternity, depending on who we call Lord and King, will propel me to share more quickly the One who has given me far more than I could ask or imagine and who has shown me great kindness with no hope of being repaid.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Lettuce talk about it...