8.12.2014

recording my joy

I rarely (ever?) write when I'm on a mountain top. It feels self indulgent and braggy. The problem with this habit is my great need to revisit my joy in the next valley. To help me remember God's past promises fulfilled.

I feel like I'm standing under a waterfall. Have you ever done that? The power of the water is exhilarating and soothing, but if you think too much you'll begin to wonder how to catch your breath under the cascade.

I am drunk on this city, and most days I feel as if my heart may burst. I don't deserve the generosity and overwhelming kindness of God, but am thankful he delights in giving his children good gifts.

I hope to tell you more about it all someday soon.


1 comment:

Melissa Martin said...

This is so great!

Post a Comment

Lettuce talk about it...