


Oh boy you wouldn't believe what some snow and ice can do to thousands of people. Yesterday that nasty storm blew through and the reality that it is wintertime set in. We've been living in denial for months. The funny thing is that these people here went on and on about how they just needed some snow, so we get some and what do they do? Complain! It's really incredible how people can lose perspective in an instant and complain while completely contridicting themselves from the day before.
This morning there were dozens of people out scraping and digging their cars out. As they drove up and around icy patches the air was filled with the stench of burned rubber. Oh the beautiful winter.
This storm, however, has made me feel like I'm in Girl Scouts. You know how in Scouts you get patches for all the different activities you do? Well, if I had a sash from this past year to stitch patches to this week I would get 2 new ones! The first one yesterday when I drove in the crazy snow/ice and the second when I got stuck in it while babysitting for a friend. Her husband helped me get the little bug out of the ice and slush but it required some tire spinning action. Woohoo! Aren't you proud of me? :)
Work this week has been nutty too. Monday and again today I had to teach the first class with no materials or curriculum. Monday was easier. Today the problem was my partner was coming from Dorchester and the company van was iced in-ugh. Then yesterday nearly every district surrounding this one had a snow day, but nooooo we had school. boo to that!
Today in true Texan style I left my little car frozen to the concrete and hopped on the bus. I rode the T home which I haven't ridden in nearly 2 months! It was so stinkin' dirty too. All the junk from shoes that stomped through ice.
It's a frenzy alright! Now I just need to buy a shovel so I can get my car out before the Sunday. I actually had the thought that it could roll down the hill as the ice melts... is that actually possible? Oh man, I hope not!
1 comment:
Biz the Eskimo! I love it. Oh wait, was that somehow insensitive towards Eskimos or whatever they prefer to be called? I never know these days!
Miss you!!!
Post a Comment
Lettuce talk about it...