5.17.2008

Deep in the Heart of Texas!

I'm in Texas for the next week, so I thought I'd share each day my Top 5! (These will most likely be posted the day after)

Day One!


5. The Bostonian View: A pair of women sitting behind me on the flight were true New Englanders. As the plane began its decent into the DFW area the woman next to the window exclaimed, "Would you look at that parking lot (paaking lot)!!" followed by, "Wow, I've never seen anything so flat... not a hill in sight." I would imagine the size of the parking lots would be overwhelming for Bostonians since many of them here are enormous.







4. Fajitas! Uncle Juilio's on the Tollway has, by far, the best chicken fajitas I've ever had. We went straight there from the airport... yummmm











3. Trucks & Smooth Pavement: While I'm in Texas I drive my Dad's truck. I love this. There is something about driving a truck that makes me feel ridiculously powerful. Last night as I cruised on the highway back to my sister's, windows down and the radio blaring Randy Travis "Deeper Than the Holler," I saw a road sign that said "Buckle Up in Your Truck!" ...only in Texas. Oh and I think the smooth pavement speaks for itself. ;)


2. Endless Sunshine: When I got off the plane it was 75 degrees and sunny. Beautiful weather. It is going to get warmer while I'm here at which point I'll complain, but for now I'm happy to be toasty.


1. My Peeps!!! Spending the day with my sister, Sarah, was such a treat! She took off work and we ate and cruised around chatting about everything and anything. SO GREAT! Then we went and got Jake from school - he's SO BIG!!! He looks all cool and old with his long shaggy hair... I will say, this kid is dangerously handsome. Finally the night ended with a reunion of sorts. We had a bbq for Sarah (she finished her teacher cert program) and Leslie, my Dad, my Gma Tague (Mom's Mom) and brother Adam came. Its good to be home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lettuce talk about it...