5.09.2008

Motherhood Superlatives

In preparation for this post I googled "high school superlatives" and the goldmine I found was basically awesome. This was my favorite: http://classof88.chi-town.com/Superlatives.asp

I decided for Mother's Day I would honor some of the Mothers I know by awarding them a Motherhood Superlative. In no particular order...

Best Sense of Humor


Kelly S

Kelly is the mother of 2-year-old Mary Margaret and 1-year-old twins, Sarah & Caroline. If that isn't enough for her to deserve an award I don't know what is! But... she gets the "Best Sense of Humor" award because in the midst of all the craziness she still manages to laugh every day at some irony in life. Best of all, she'll laugh at yours too. :)













Most Likely to Succeed

Kristen P


In all the years I've known Kristen, mother to Nathanael (age 1) and "baby Polk"(11/08), she has been preparing to be a Mom. Kristen is honest and earnest in her pursuit to provide a well rounded home for her family. All those months of reading book after book to figure out the "trick" to getting your baby to sleep while being completely sleep deprived herself have earned her the "Most Likely to Succeed!"


















Freshman Class Favorite

Shannon H

Shannon and husband Jed never missed a beat when they heard they were expecting. Shannon, Mother to Clara, can be found around town with a small bundle strapped to her while meeting friends for dinner, a walk or just to hang out. Shannon is so devoted to her friends that she wanted join us in Vermont for a ski weekend a week after her due date (thankfully little Clara arrived before that decision had to be made) and this, my friends, deems Shannon the "Freshman Class Favorite!"






Best All Around


Sarah C

With nine years of single parenting under her belt, Sarah, Mother of Jake, has seen it all... well, not quite all just yet, but she's getting there! She has spent countless hours thinking about Jake, praying for wisdom, and seeking out guidance and help. Her devotion to protecting and nurturing Jake in all areas of his life are an inspiration and thus have earned her the "Best All Around!"










Most Popular


Ellen P


Hands down, Ellen was/is the most popular Mom on the block. Her kids are grown now (Matt, Kristen, Katy and Bit) but she is taking her popularity to a new level as a grandmother. Known affectionately as Lollie, her house provides a fun place for the grandkids to play and break all the rules. :)
(I didn't have a pic of her with her own kids. ha)








Best Hostess


Meda B


Mother of Benjamin, Mac and Louisa, Meda has a gift for planning parties (or galas!) and making people feel at home. On any given day you can find unrelated guests at her house sharing a meal, loving on her kids or just in need of a listening ear. Meda is a natural hostess and we're all thankful for her!




Most Attractive


Jill B


This award goes to Jill, husband Brad and son Eli. These are some attractive people- not to mention Eli who is one of the cutest babies I've ever seen! The best part about Jill is that she'll think it is ridiculous to be voted "Most Attractive" which makes her all the more beautiful. (although, I'm pretty sure she won't argue with the degree of Eli's cuteness)












Most Creative

Kit S



Kit runs her own business, teaches Spanish part-time AND is the mother of four! Walter, Clay, Theo and Lucy benefit daily from Kit's innovative and creative ways of making learning fun. If that isn't enough, you should see the layout of the bedroom all three boys share... genius.









Most Memorable

Kathy S

1950-2006

Kathy was the quintessential Mom. Six kids before she was 35, Kathy was self-employed, a stray animal and teenager rescuer, a master chef, an artisan baker and a gifted artist. Thank you for that. I miss you and love you dearly. May I one day be a fraction of the Mom you were...

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Had to check in with you today and let you know someone was thinking about you and praying your day would go well! God bless you!

Leslie said...

Loved this! :) Can't wait to see you in 4 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

megan said...

This is a great post! I love it! Especially love that last one...great tribute to your friends and wonderful Mom!

The Sherrill Family said...

This is an awesome post. :o)

Haley said...

That was so sweet! Loved it. And you are so right about Jill. :)

Post a Comment

Lettuce talk about it...