5. Hot Days: Remembering what it feels like to have hot days came easy on day four - the high was 97! Jake told me its hot in Texas even in the winter - he's right. Then he said, "Today the high is 97 and this is Spring in Texas!" The only part about these days that I love is that they remind me what awesome weather we have in Boston... even in the winter ;)
(The picture doesn't really correlate, but he's just so stinkin' handsome I had to include it!)
4. Wal-Mart: I went to Wal-Mart yesterday for the first time this trip... usually I've already been numerous times. They had the exact shoes I've been looking for and they were only $13! I didn't buy them yet because I want to make sure they're the right ones, but man that's cheap! I also got a white t-shirt for $5.00 - you can't beat that!
.
3. Grandma's Cooking: We had dinner at Grandma Tague's (Mom's Mom) and it was delicious! The chicken just came apart with he fork, no knife needed. She also made homemade mashed potatoes... I haven't eaten this well in ages.
2. Cousin Kristin: Had lunch with Kristin and left feeling encouraged and thankful. God is so good! Kristin is actually my Dad's second cousin (her Mom is my Dad's first cousin) so the "cousin" relationship is a few steps out. I love this woman of God and am incredibly thankful for her presence in my life... even if it is too small.
1. Sister Sarah: Every time we're together it is like no time has passed... well, except that I'm increasingly more mature each time we see each other which I think she's grateful for! We stayed up until midnight last night talking and as sleepy as I was when the alarm went off at 6:30am, I wouldn't trade it for anything.
1 comment:
Jake is too cool for school! What a heartbreaker.
Post a Comment
Lettuce talk about it...